Sunday, July 29, 2007
Lily Purl's Famous Chocolate Truffles
Perfect for a "between stitches" indulgence!
1 lb Oreo Cookies
8 oz Cream Cheese
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 lb Milk Chocolate
1. Beat cookies into a fine powder using food processor, blender, or rolling pin.
2. With electric mixer, blend cookies, cream cheese and vanilla until throughly mixed.
3. Lick mixing blade.
4. Roll dough into golf ball sized balls and place on wax paper lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
5. Work on knitting project for 40 minutes.
6. Lay out 2 large sheets of wax paper. In a double boiler, melt the milk chocolate.
7. Dip each truffle in the chocolate, removing with a slotted spoon when coated.
8. Place on wax paper.
9. Let cool, then refrigerate in air tight container.
10. Eat left over chocolate.
11. Reward each difficult stitch with one truffle.
For an extra treat, drizzle melted white chocolate over the truffles, or use mint oreos!