Sunday, July 01, 2007

The Chevron Scarf


I am knitting away on the Chevron Scarf. This is out of the book Last Minute Knitted Gifts and I love this pattern. Since it is only 4 rows of pattern, I can remember it! Especially when rows 2-4 are purl,knit,purl.


I am knitting this out of Woolly Boully's Red Robin: Bird, Nest and Eggs in her scrumptious fingering weight yarn. This is some of the softest yarn with nylon in it that I have ever felt. Hmmm, this will be added to my Christmas gift list for someone special.


Speaking of Holidays, I know it is only July 1st but it is time to be giving some thought about it. I have a couple of pair of socks knit up, a couple of hats and now this scarf that will be used as gifts, after marketplace in Nov. What are you working on and what have you finished as holiday gifts?


Also, don't forget my blog contest. If you email me or leave a comment on my blog regarding our new website, you are entered into the drawing. The prize is Knitting for Peace book and 3 skeins, your choice of color, of O~Wool Balance . Come on and play!

6 comments:

Judy said...

Love the colors!!

Judy

old lady said...

Your scarf is lovely - pretty colors!

Your new website is very user friendly - easy to navigate. Nice job!

Octopus Knits said...

I agree, the colors are lovely, and the new website is nice!

Lone Knitter said...

I'm also making a chevron scarf, but mine is taking forever! Your scarf looks delightful! I agree with everyone else about the new website--it's fantastic.

CarrieM said...

That scarf is different! I will have to give one a whirl...a nice change for the holiday scarf gift.

Carrie

Nano said...

Love the colors of your scarf. I finished one and... call me crazy, am working on a second one. But you're right, easy pattern to remember.