Friday, July 06, 2007

Ohh la la


Here is the beginning of my toe up sock using Cheryl B. Design Studio brand new sock yarn. Now when I put her yarns up on the website, I did not realize (shame on me) that some are fingering weight and some are sport weight. The one I showed you the other day, Autumn Afternoon, the one my *precious* Junior got into is the one pictured here. After knitting this much on size 2's, I realized that it is sportweight. I'm thinkin', how can this be fingering weight? So I look at the label and sure enough, it was sport weight.

Now that changes things a little for me. I should be knitting this on at least 3s so will probably frog the whole thing and start over on 3s. But I did want you to see it and how gorgeous and tight this yarn is. I love it!

We have some new handspun yarn in -
Fortune Cookie Fibers - from the ever delightful Julie-Ann of PA. Check it out - it is great yarn. Hand dyed and hand spun by Julie-Ann.

Hope ya'll had a wonderful 4th and now it is time to get serious about holiday gifts. No joke - it'll be here before we know it. What are you planning as hand made gifts?

No comments: