Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Ummm, my next project... Not by choice



I came home to this last night ... This is brand new yarn from Cheryl B. Design Studio and my Junior decided he needed a skein of it. I do not have a clue how he got this - I had literally just taken photos of it and put it up on the website yesterday afternoon. Hub and I had just returned from old town Norcross - viewing some spectacular fireworks from the front yard of a friend's house - and I guess Junior got bored.


I was not happy and he knew it. I said "who did this?" and while he tried to blame it on Wooly Bully, the cat, I knew better. The little varmint. My husband looked at me and said, "he's just a baby". I swear Junior smiled when he said that. To prove he loves yarn, the picture of him here is when he recently pulled another project out of my bag on the sofa and found my glasses too...


So, I will be attempting to wind this into a ball but I can say I'm not all that disappointed because this new line up from Cheryl B. Design Studio is great stuff. The yarn is so soft, squishy and bouncy and I love it. Beside the fact that the colors are scrumptous too. The base has a very tight twist which does resist pilling... Of course, Cheryl B. Design Studio is close to my heart... Perhaps you recognize the name... Cheryl? Look here on my blog...


As many of you already know, we give a portion of our sales of Duet Sock Yarn to A Place to Bark and Meow. For those of you who may remember my blog from a few months ago about the story of Noel - a rescue dog - I read with a warm heart recently that Noel has gone to her *forever* home. And she seems to be doing mighty well, I might add - from all accounts of Bernie's blog...


Happy 4th of July - and our freedom...



3 comments:

Judy said...

How cute, and how provoking! My hubby's dog did much the same to me, only I had already been knitting a sweater! The story is on my blog.
Have a great day and don't be too mad at Junior.

Judy

Debby said...

Oh Junior, you are so cute. How could your mommy be angry with you!!

Yarnhog said...

Oh, man! A couple of years ago, I special ordered the last nine balls of Rowan Polar that I could find to do a special sweater. It arrived in the mail, and I set the bag of yarn on the kitchen counter, unopened, because I had some errands to run. When I got home, my (very large) Newfoundland puppy had ripped open the bag, unwound and chewed all nine balls, and spread the yarn throughout the entire downstairs. I actually went momentarily blind with--what, shock? anger? Fortunately, my husband walked in, saw the yarn and my expression, and quickly pulled me out of the room and away from both yarn and dog before I killed her.