Sunday, June 24, 2007

We are lifting off...

The Yarn Grove will launch the new website tonight. Wow, it is an exciting time. Unless something drastic happens between now and then.... like cold feet.... or a serious bug ... it will happen.

First and foremost, huge thanks to the ever wonderful, creative, and fun Cynthia of Hula-La designs for her development of our banner,Logo and colorways for the new website. And some of you may have noticed - Lily Purl will be a blogger here as well. We have employed Lily Purl since last year (our sometimes mannequin, when she feels like it) but she has now taken on new roles, thanks to Cynthia. Stay tuned for more from her... If you ever need cool - go to Cynthia, because honey, she can design it.

So here's the contest. Yep, my first blog contest. When you visit our new site, please email me or leave a comment if you find any bugs, or have any constructive criticism or just general chit chat. I am open to it all. The prize will be announced later this week. The contest ends on July 21, 2007 so check us out before then.

Since we will *cut over* to our new server tonight, it may take 24-72 hours before we are *live* again. My email will remain the same but may be out of commission for the same length of time.

Yippee Yi-aye! And I even started a new sock last night. Brand new organic yarn ... you'll several new *stuffs* on our new website.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really exciting! I can't wait to see the new site. :)

Anonymous said...

I just had to take a look right away and it's up and running. It looks great! Love the site layout and the banner is too cute!

Anonymous said...

I saw your site in the AKG newsletter! Looks great! One suggestion would be to have an option to purchase all your sock club selections as one item rather than each separately.

KarenS said...

I like the new site design! The graphics are nice and everything loads quickly. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your new look! And I just wanted to say that your shipping is so fast and my yarn is just beautiful! I can't wait to order more from you... I think that I "need" one of those new knitting bags... :-)

Jill L said...

You are up and running. Must checkout the new website as well. Lovong the O-Wool Blockof the Month. Can't wait until the next one!

Love your new logo!

Elizabeth Carls said...

The new site is great! Love the new logo, and the graphics. I'll be browsing often.

sheep#100 said...

It looks very clean and sleek.
Congrats!