Monday, February 05, 2007

My version of 2 at a time


So here is my version of 2 socks at once. Yes I start them on 2 circulars but end up on dpns. I decided that since I need 2 skeins of Lorna's Laces yarn I would start both socks and by the time I am done, wal-lah! I have a pair of socks. Oh yeah, in Seaside colorway.

Speaking of DPNs, we have some Colonial bamboo dpns in sizes 0 - 4. These are 5.5" in length and let me tell you ... they are my new favorite dpns. I NEVER thought I would knit with ANY needle for socks other than my 6" Crystal Palaces. But these are truly nice. And inexpensive. Try a pair. They are great.

So yesterday, Debby and I had our first annual The Yarn Grove Super Sunday Yarn Sale which we broke down into quarters. It was so much fun. I was in charge for the first "two quarters" and Debby handled the second half. Neither one of us knew what the other was going to put on sale so it was a hoot. Our phone was ringing off the hook because our website was so sluggish due to the amount of traffic, and our emails were full. Then poof! it was time to change again. It was a blast. Even my husband got involved helping me pack boxes. Thank you all, my friends, for all your participation. We enjoyed the party with you!

Coming soon to The Yarn Grove is Duet Sock Yarns from Swell Yarns, owned by a delightful fiber artist, Angela. We have no idea the colorways we will be receiving but I can promise you one thing, they will be gorgeous. We are very thrilled to put these in our ever growing line-up.

No comments: