Saturday, February 10, 2007

Bag of My Dreams!


Last week, I was scheduled for the opening shift at the coffee shop, which means I had to be there at 5am. Well, I survived the week, so as a reward to myself, I took a little trip to Thrift Mart, the biggest thrift shop in Huntsville (it also happens to be less than a minute from my apartment!). I found a few things, and I was headed to the checkout when something told me to go look at the pillows. I always trust the suggestions of the thrift gods, so I walked to the back of the store. There was nothing special in the pillow section, until I turned the corner and saw this bag. Its actually a bowling bag, and its so sixties, and so MOD....and its so my new knitting bag!

In other news, Spottie Dottie got skunked right in the snout last night. We soaked her in a solution of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and dish detergent and got most of the smell out...but there's still a faint aroma right around her nose. We even had to flush her eyes with saline solution. Poor puppy. I mopped, disinfected, vaccumed, laundered and scoured the whole apartment last night. Mona, the cat, was completely disgusted with the whole ordeal and tried to run away this morning. Oy!

1 comment:

Jane said...

Oh no, I didn't know about Spottie Dottie's skunk episode. Poor thing. Give her a kiss from Gammaw!

LOVE the bowling bag. I'll be watching With a Twist in case you change your mind about keeping it!