Tuesday, October 02, 2007

A sock and a tree...



If you remember from my blog the other day, I am famous for procrastinating when I have copious amounts of other things to do. Like getting ready for Marketplace... But I took the Bargello Christmas Tree quilt class from my local LQS and loved it. Finished sewing the strips on in 2 short days . Just have to put on binding and baubles (of course mine shall have baubles) and done! This one is for me.

Look what Regia sent me. A finished sock - this one shown in Kaffe Fassett Mirage Fire. The others I cannot show yet since I am out of 2 of those particular ones ... but soon. The Kaffe Fassett goes quickly here at The Yarn Grove everytime we get refills in here. I do have more on order...

My window shutters are all clean too. Yep - also from my procrastination. Now the dictionary.com reads one definition as: to defer action; delay: to procrastinate until an opportunity is lost. . I won't go that far.
How about you? Keep the holidays stress free by starting all those holiday gifts now. To me, there is nothing like a homemade gift.

In other news... we had a block party this weekend on our street and everyone brought a dish of some sort. I chose a healthy one - namely Broccoli Slaw Salad. At the end of the evening, everyone voted on their favorite dish and the winner got a gift certificate to Ted Turner's restaurant here at The Forum. I won! I hear they have a killer veggie burger.

Here's the simple recipe:
1/2 cup of vinegar
1/2 cup of veg oil
1/2 cup of sugar
Couple shakes of cayenne pepper.

Stir together. Pour over Broccoli Slaw (comes in a bag at your grocer). Then I add Cocktail Peanuts. Just regular old peanuts. It makes a great crunchy salad. The regular recipe calls for sunflower seeds and rahman noodles (just the noodle part) but they get so soggy. The peanuts don't and the first time I made this it is all I had in my pantry.
Note: I doubled this for the block party but when I make one batch I don't always use a full 1/2 cup of sugar and oil. You can experiment to your liking.

Look for me now on Food Network ... oh yeah...

No comments: