Monday, May 28, 2007

The Princess Knits ... or plays with yarn






My daughter sent me these adorable photos of Cleo, short for Cleopatra, who loves to have yarn wrapped around her. Strange, but adorable... Stephanie says she poses and I believe it! She is a princess... spoiled rotten...


Hope all had a safe and fun Memorial weekend. We did. The Yarn Grove had a great sale and it was fun. Actually *is* fun because as I write this it is still going on...


And in the mail on Saturday came the most gorgeous piece of jewelry I have encountered in some time. It is the Celtic Broach from Celtic Swan Forge. Each broach is hand forged from sterling silver. Go to their website and read all about it. It took about 3 weeks. The one I bought is the lightweight version. They are called Celtic Broaches on her website. They have many other items as well... We will be searching for lace yarn while at TNNA so stay tuned.


I'm ponderin' the Celtic Swan DPNs. 6" size 1's sterling silver sound good to me. It just might be one set that my Junior cannot sink his teeth in. I'm embarassed to say just how many dpns he has snagged from me. Okay, the phone rings, I jump up to answer it, the oven timer is buzzing, etc. etc. and he snags the bamboo sticks! Oh well, confession time - he has destroyed 3 sets of 1s and 1 set of 0s. Yes I have learned. Finally. No one knew this until now...
And I'm dreaming up a contest so check back soon!












No comments: