Friday, May 11, 2007

Just what I need, another bag...






But how cool is this. Recycled from reclaimed and washed rice bags, which are quite colorful and interesting. The rice bags are from Vietnam and they are made in a Fair Trade environment in Cambodia. Simply delightful. I love unique items. I love those one of a kind, different, eclectic things ... Reminds me of myself! Check them out at The Yarn Grove .



On the knitting side - almost done with Monika from knitty.com . The ever fabulous, Donna, whom I met through Noble Knitters, is a genius at finishing. I took my *two-piece* to our group on Wednesday night and she helped me seam it. Unbelievable. Noble Knitters is a group who meets Wednesday at our local Barnes & Noble. Such a fun, great group. I think I spent more time laughing than knitting but I did learn some great tricks from Donna. A big shout out to ya'll. Lots of laughs with Diana and Ellen too!

As for my Motorcycle Chica Gloves from IK, currently I am thinking some very bodacious gardening gloves would work just fine for my new cycle (whenever). Seems as though I started on the *right* glove but as I am finishing it up, it's actually the left one. I have no idea what the hell I did. I did get a chuckle out of it though.

Speaking of Junior, here's a photo of him from the groomer the other day. Remember my naked dog walkin' ? Well, I requested a mini-groom so they did not shave him. He came out wearing a Motorsport bandana. I've decided I will make a quilt for him out of all the bandanas I save from his grooms... He is my baby, *broken ear* and all... We love him just the same...
He now has graduated from his *crib* (my mom's words) to our bed. Yep, we bought a gigantic bed. A king size. And he is now right there. As for Lucy - she is content in her own bed right beside us and Wooley Bully - well he jumps up there all the time...


I remind my kids daily that once a mom, always a mom. Yesterday, my daughter was reminded to wear sunscreen. I don't care if she's 28. I'm still her mom. I heard a gentle *sigh* and I smiled to myself. But more importantly, they know they are loved. And that goes for my 4-legged kids too. Wooley Bully (my now 24# cat), Lucy (our 13 yo lab) and Junior (my juvenile pup). Happy mom's day to all you mom's of kids and various legged creatures. Enjoy the day... Sending my hugs to you all ...


No comments: