Sunday, January 21, 2007

Too fun ...


Well, I started and finished the Calorimetry from Knitty.com . It was a quick and fun project. When I saw Amy's, I put it at the top of my to knitlist. For mine, I used Lorna's Laces Worsted Weight in Black Purl, one of my favorite colorways from Beth! Only used a tad over 1/2 skein and I knitted on US size 8. I am a tight knitter BUT if I knit this again, I will use size 7's. Give it a try! If you need a gift for someone, speedy like, then this is the project for you!


Here is Lily Purl wearing the Calorimetry. And I might add, it would look so much better without her plastic hair ... but she loves it ...


Still working on my Jaywalker(s). Actually my mom (Mimi , that's what my kids named her years ago and we all call her that) had surgery this week on her nose ... again. She has basel cell and this is her 2nd MAJOR surgery on her nose in 10 years. She is such a trooper - never complains, unless she is really hurting. She basically lost her entire left nostril and some around it. They rebuilt it with cartilage from her ear and then "flapped" her cheek skin over it. All this while awake from 8:30am until 1:30. She did go to "Happy Hour" with a little valium or something like that so she was relaxed...


On the first surgery, they "flapped" her forehead skin so they had to use from somewhere else. I volunteered some of my "extra eyelid skin" but it was a no go. While she is extremely black and blue the only pain she currently has is her ear! Now get this ... they(the drs.) all agree that it was caused from when she was a teenager (mom is 80) and back then for clearing up pimples, they "x-rayed" your face. I feel she will do fine... She's back to knitting already!


So that's my excuse for not knitting this week. BUT we have some new cute felting patterns arriving soon ... and stay tuned for new books! As they are published, we will receive ...


PS. STOP LURKING ... Show yourselves ...

3 comments:

Amy said...

Okay, okay, I'm showing myself. I like my Calorimetry too!

Debby said...

Jane, Love that hat...maybe I could start....no, no more new projects for me for awhile

belaybunny said...

that' great - I love black purl too :)