Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Bathmats, Bags, Birthdays and Beans

What a week! I have WAY too many projects going on right now. I started knitting squares for a bag and ran out of yarn, so while I was waiting on my order to arrive from the Yarn Grove, I started another project (of course!)
My best girlfriend, Brooke, as a birthday coming up so I started a scarf with super soft Misti Alpaca. I tried a Saxon Braid, but it didn't look right so I ripped it out. I decided cables were the way to go. No...still not right. Rip. You can never go wrong with a stockinette stitch, right? Wrong. RIP! I finally settled on a chunky rib stitch. It looks nice, and its very snuggly.
Well then I saw a pattern for a bathmat made from an old flannel sheet torn into strips, and I HAD to try it. Just my luck- found the perfect sheet at Thrift Mart! So now, I've got a basket of knitted squares, 4 inches of a scarf, and a living room covered in flannel strips, and I'm opening the Coffee Shop at 5am tomorrow morning! Ok, no more projects til I finish something!

4 comments:

Jane said...

You have been busy! I missed you. Oohhh, flannel bathmat. Sounds divine!

Unknown said...

Cheryl,
Where ever did you find the pattern for the bath mat made from torn flannel sheets? I recently saw a pattern using torn flannel sheets but now can't find it.
Thanks,
Sheilary

Cheryl said...

Hi Sheilary,

I saw the pattern in the knitting page-a-day calendar I got this year. (You know, they're probably 50% off now if you can find one in the store) I knitted vertical and horzintal rectangles which I sewed together. I may add fringe...haven't decided yet. I'll post pictures to give you a look. It looks so cute and shabby chic, or as my 11 year old cousin Caitlin says "Shabby Chick!"

Unknown said...

Thanks Cheryl,
How serendipitous that you had mentioned the bathmat pattern on your blog just as i was about to turn my cluttered house upside down looking for the pattern. Have located the calendar and will start soon on the bathmat, of course leaving many other projects uncompleted. Must be part of the joy of knitting.
sheilary