Monday, April 30, 2007

Under Cover Totes


Well, tomorrow is the day the Under Cover Club's initial mailing leaves The Yarn Grove for new destinations. For all of you who signed up for the Club, thank you from me. Although Debby has worked very hard on this Club, she has enjoyed it every step of the way. I have only worked on it a little - I embroidered the tote bags. Oh yeah, and ironed them, fed them, watered them, and loved them... So I guess my involvement is more than I think?

Here's a sneak peek - They are all different (I believe) but since there are 16 color changes in each embroidered one, I can't be positive there are not two similar. Of course today Debby says, I want one... So here I sit, embroidering another one for her whiny self. Just kidding, my friend. Oh yeah, and I did the mailing labels, got the boxes, let the dog out, fed the cat ...

Now, on that ironing board is my trusty EuroSteam iron. Let me just say, it has the equivalent of a car radiator. Yep, that's right! I bought it at the Sewing Expo in March of 2006 and I have loved each and every moment spent with it. It will iron out every wrinkle you can think of ... I just don't know how the get the iron hole marks off my face (hehehe). Of course I am just kidding, DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME. Now I am reminded of a girl I worked with years ago. She came to work one morning with a huge patch on the side of her face. She walked into my office and asked for the name of a local doctor. Seems as though when she was ironing her britches for work that morning, her phone rang and she answered the iron. Yep, she thought it was the telephone. This is the honest truth. I saw the holes on her face. Thank goodness she had no "visible" scars from it..

OTN = Woolley Boulley socks (still), and just begun yesterday using Natural (main color of little dress) in O-Wool's new Balance yarn is Monica is http://www.knitty.com/issuespring07/PATTmonica.html . Simple, fun, and a nice change for me from socks. I'll post picture later...

3 comments:

Linda said...

The tote bags look lovely. I think it's a great idea to have a personalised bag to go with the club. I'm really looking forward to starting this :0) *squeals excitedly!!!* ;0)

Debby said...

Jane, thank you so much for the beautiful bags for the Under Cover Club. I could not have done this without you friend.

All the bags are different colors, no 2 are alike. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Received my kit the other day; finished block one and will start the second tonite. I absolutely love the tote; the yarn; the patterns - ALL OF IT!!! Thank you for such a wonderful club!!