Thursday, April 12, 2007

Money DOES grow on trees...


Well, maybe not quite, but it does grow in the Grove! As in ... The Yarn Grove. Announcing Yarn Yen. What ? you ask... Yarn Yen is for you. For every $200 (excluding shipping costs if you live out of USA) you spend at The Yarn Grove, you will receive $20 Yarn Yen off your next purchase. Pretty cool, eh? We think so.

And to start it off, all orders since April 1st are counted. So some of you have already earned your $20 Yarn Yen! And Debby will be notifying you with a special code. Others of you are close ...


I am still knitting on my Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport Envy socks. I went for the second time to my new knitting club at our local Barnes & Noble last night and it was so much fun. Great company, great drinks (from Starbucks) and new friends!

Speaking of money, nature is such a wondrous thing. Here is a picture of the awesome Money Plant that is growing all over my yard. It blooms this beautiful little purple flower then transforms into the "green" coin. After a couple of months, the green coin transforms into a "white" coin. You then rub gently the "coin" between your fingers, the outer layers fall away and there is (what I call) "seed money" and this lustrous, translucent coin. This plant is bi-annual so once it has changed to the white coin, it is done. I still have some from years ago and I have given so many seeds and plants away to neighbors, family and friends. It never ceases to amaze me... I will take a photo for you in a few months once it has transformed.
New happenings at The Yarn Grove. We are always, ever evolving... just like nature...

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

What a great idea...especially with all the pretty colors The Yarn Grove has for spring!