Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Debby, you went and Dippity Doo'd it!



Debby accepted a challenge from Jonelle of South West Trading Co. sometime back. Jonelle decided to have yarn shops from around the globe participate in a Karaoke hat book. All Debby had to do was make up a hat pattern with some Karaoke. (Debby's hat is on the left)

Now, if you don't know what Karaoke is, it is NOT singing Born to be Wild by Steppenwolf at your local pub, or bellying up to the bar and listening to your best friend sing some rendition of a song that makes you order another Red Snapper ... Karaoke is luscious 50% soysilk and 50% wool and happens to felt like a marvel as well. Debby chose Dippity by SWTC and the journey began. I can't tell you how many times I heard ... I don't know about this ... oh my gosh, this is so hard for me... I told Jonelle I would do it and I'm not backing out now ... I don't know how Amy does this ... (Amy Polcyn who is a dynamite designer and has had many patterns published - great blog too). I don't know how Anni does this either (Anni from Anni Designs in the UK -beautiful knits)...

One thing about Debby is she is one determined gal. She kept at it - even though it caused great "brain pain" at times! And I might add I am mighty proud of her - and the book is Fabulous! In yarn shops soon.... Some great hat designs in there - both felted and not.

Way to go my friend ...

1 comment:

Amy said...

Way to go Debby!