Friday, December 31, 2010

So long 2010...

Rerun of my words... What happened to 2010?  Time goes so fast for me and I am a really good time management person. Maybe I am doing too much?  Maybe I am measuring my time the wrong way?  Whatever the reason, it doesn't change the fact that today is the last day of 2010...

A wonderful Christmas celebration has been going on here.  Island Girl, Island Boy and Mini-Island boy have all been here as well as Orange Boy, Little Mommy and Mini Orange boy.  We have had so much fun!  I love having them all here.  The Rocket City crew leaves this morning and the Island Family doesn't leave until Sunday so I get them a little longer.

I made so many of my gifts this year.  To sum up, 2 hats, a cowl, 2 pair of fingerless gloves,  a shawlette, and a scarf.  That was the knitting craft.  For the sewing craft, I made 2 quilts, 3 potholders and 2 calendars towels. 

Here is a photo of the Sushi Scarf and Malalucie Slouchy Hat I made for Island Girl.  They were both fun, fast knits.  For the Sushi scarf, I bought the kit from Morehouse Farm and loved it.  While the photo showed 5 Sushi Rolls on each end of the scarf, I only made 3 on each end.  Why?  Because of time!  I finished this the night before I wrapped it.  For the Malalucie Hat, I used the same yarn she used in the pattern, same color, Malabrigo Worsted.  Does Island Girl really need a scarf and hat made from wool?  Why yes, when she travels and it does get chilly on the island occasionally.  I made knit labels for each knitted garment so the recipient would know how to care for it.

For the calendars, I bought 2 fat quarters of Cynthia F's winning design from Spoonflower.  Cynthia F. is the artist who designed my logo for The Yarn Grove.  I love everything she does!  She is truly amazing.  These calendar towels were a hit.  I sewed some lovely Kaffe Fassett fabrics on the back.  Cynthia submitted this calendar design to Spoonflower for their 2011 calendar challenge and she won!  I wasn't surprised.  Just check her out.  She is a true talent and very easy to work with.



I will post more photos in a future post.

Peace. Love. Joy. Laughter ... to each and everyone of you in the New Year.

No comments: