Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Tiny Knitting

Since the opening of The Yarn Grove, over 4 years ago, one of my greatest joys has been the friendships of people I have met through orders, emails and in person.

One of my new friends is Gill from the UK. And with her permission, I wanted to show you these doll sweaters that she is knitting. She bought several Hiya Hiya needles and knit these sweaters for the dolls which are 10", 13" and 14". These sweaters were knit on 3-0 and 2-0 needles using lace weight yarn.

Gill says she is always knitting - always. She loves collecting dolls, bears and such and you can see this love come through on her website bygill.com . Take a look at some of these tiny knits for these dolls she has done! Amazing and inspiring...

Gill also has begun selling her items such as this adorable Newborn boy outfit. Gorgeous knitting and sure to be an heirloom. I know I still have my kids special outfits that were handknit and crocheted many many years ago.
I hope to have all my needle backorders from Hiya Hiya in here within the next 10 days. So if you are waiting on certain sizes and have emailed me, rest assured your needles should arrive soon and I will be contacting you.

And to all my friends, I give thanks for each one of you. Have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving (if you celebrate it) but regardless, I hope your weekend involves lots of fiber!

Photos used with permission and property of bygill.com

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

What talent!! Gill does beautiful work.