Monday, November 02, 2009

It's all about cowls for me...

I've been visiting Island Girl and Island Boy - so that is where I have been, in case there was wondering. We had a marvelous time and once again, I hated to leave. Weather was hot but the breezes were delightful...

When I visited Cheryl in October, she showed me some cowls she was making. I loved them. So many options. So I got on Ravelry and started looking up some patterns. I printed a couple off and decided who I would knit them for. I made a list of yarns that I would like to use and off I went on the Yarn Shop Hop Weekend - Oct. 10 to support my local LYS(s).

For Cheryl's, I chose Malabrigo Worsted in Lavanda in this Quickie Cowl pattern. For another one (recipient shall remain nameless) I chose Alpaca with a Twist Highlander yarn and this Cowl'd and Frosty Morning pattern. Love this yarn. Love the tweed (see photo).


As I finish a gift or two of knitting or sewing, I have a special place I put them. Well, Cheryl's cowl had just finished blocking this past week and she, Orange Boy and Stephen came for a visit. I hid (I thought) her finished cowl under a bag of yarn that was "scheduled" to go into its place of gift waiting honor. She somehow looked at the bag of yarn and then saw this scrumptious Malabrigo Cowl and pulled it out. She liked it. I was glad. She is wearing it now. It looks great on her and maybe Orange Boy and get a photo of it for me. I never even had time for that!

Hiya Hiya needles are in and plentiful (as of this writing). If you cannot find the size you want or have any questions about them, please email me at janeATtheyarngroveDOTcom.
Happy Fiber morning to you all.

No comments: