Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Whew, one down...

Whilst I love Pagewood Farms Denali, it seems these socks have gone on forever. They are my true designated take along project and always ready and waiting in my knit bag. They have traveled with me to many a doctor appt for my mom and also my fun group, Noble Knitters. One down, one cuff to go...


New at The Yarn Grove... Stitchjones! A delightful, delectable yarn - hand dyed by Sharon of Stitchjones. Stop by for a look and see these brillant colorways...



I have also begun my Casablanca shawl again and am loving it... thanks to Pat, my knitting lace guru friend from Noble Knitters. I interpreted Clue 2 way wrong and she helped me so much! Pat, as always, thanks! By golly, I think I've got it!

Oh yeah, and I've been busy putting up tomatoes from my garden and also made a large batch of my famous salsa. I grew just enough jalapenos for this batch - which in my opinion - makes it taste even more delicious.
Also made some hot pepper jelly from the remainder of my bell peppers from my garden and leftover jalapenos. Haven't tried it yet but I'm sure it will be great - plastered all over some cream cheese.



Thank you all for your lovely emails, comments and notes about the baby. We are all so very excited. Any ideas for a baby project? Everyone asks me if I'm knitting for the baby yet and ummmm... I'm not. I don't really want to knit a blanket but maybe some booties? Suggestions and ideas will be greatly appreciated my friends!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

A February baby needs hats Gammaw!

Claudia said...

I only WISH we had tomatoes to can, or anything else except what we get at the farmers market. Sigh.

So let me ask you, do the bits of pepper suspend nicely in the jelly for you, or do you have to do some jar twisting? I want to try some and am curious as to how yours came out???

monica said...

Will they try to find out the gender of this little one. That will help tremendously in the knitting. Feb is good sock, hat and sweater weather.

Unknown said...

Your salsa looks wonderful. As
far as knitting, a baby bunting
(made big of course), to bring the
baby home from the hospital and then the baby could use it for
the rest of the winter. Booties
are good along with it. Pick a
color like mint green or a pretty
yellow. They would do well if
it's a boy or a girl. The baby
won't care if it's not blue or pink.