Friday, February 12, 2010

Sweetness for my sweetie...

Yes, I have been knitting. I get inspired by all the knitters around me at my Wednesday night Noble Knitters group. So last week, Debra was knitting on a cupcake hat she had to finish in 2 days for a baby shower. So I asked myself the next day, why am I not knitting my Stephen a cupcake hat for his first birthday?

And so it began. First to find the pattern on the internet. Then go to my stash and I found some acrylic/cotton blend yarns that I thought would do the trick. And of course, I had to add "sprinkles" to mini Orange Boy's hat. He got lots of sprinkles. While at first it looked a little girlish, the white nubbies on there are part of the icing. Hey, he probably won't even have it on for a minute. Just need a photo, that's all!

And so I continue to be inspired by my Noble Knitters group, this time by the Woofgangpug , otherwise known as Diana. She, Ellen, Debra, Pat and possibly others from our Noble Knitters, have joined this group on Ravelry namely 10 shawls in 2010. When I saw that a lot of the patterns people were knitting only consisted of one skein of yarn, I knew I was in. My first one is Simple Shawls which can be purchased on Ravelry. I already have 4 or 5 other ones lined up, along with their chosen yarns, and can't wait to start another one! I'll keep ya'll posted on my progress. Here is a picture of the shawl in progress in Blue Moon Fiber Arts, Mill Ends that Debra taunted me with at NK. I also think that I can blame Diana for the unfinished baby quilt I have in progress too. All because of this 10 in 10.



In the meantime, Baby Owl sweater is resting. I also finished the border on a baby blanket my mother knit and will post a photo of that later.

I'm off to the Rocket City tomorrow (weather permitting) to celebrate mini Orange Boy's (11th) and Orange Boy's (14th) birthdays. I cannot wait to see Cheryl as well but hey, once you have a baby who do Gammaw's really want to get their hands on?

No comments: