Friday, September 14, 2007

Fetching Fits Fabulously ...



My Fetching gloves - finished. I am pleased with them. These are for a sample for the Nov. Marketplace I am going to participate in. I knit them in Lorna's Laces Worsted - Khaki and they fit like a glove (hehehe). Fun, easy pattern.


Today, I decided I needed a morning off so I took myself to the East Cobb Quilters' Guild 11th Biennial Quilt show at the Cobb County Civic Center in Marietta GA (can be heard being pronounced May-retta). It was a lot of fun and I saw some amazing quilts. Did a little shopping - most I cannot show ... yet. But I will. (I did mail your orders on the way though and you have all been notified as usual).

There was a vendor there who dealt in all vintage textiles mainly. She did have this huge blob of knitting needles - all short ones - 30 sets for $10.00 so I bought them. I also picked up a vintage pillowcase for $4.00 (see the lime and pink poodles) and I collect calendar towels. She had a bunch of those and I bought 5 for $1.00 each - beginning with the year 1969.

Next up was the Thread Guy. Aurafil is 100% egyptian cotton thread and that is all I use in my sewing machine. I bought 2 (they are a little pricey, but worth it - just like good yarn!). The one I use is 50/2 which is the finest but is still very strong. When I bought my machine I learned that some cheap threads can give off so much lint they can actually damage your machine if you don't keep it clean. I do clean mine each time I sew - sounds like a lot but all I have to clean on mine is the bobbin area. It oils itself. How? I have not a clue. Nor do I care.

It is still hot in the south where I am but the nights are getting cooler. Makes me want to knit some hats. And socks... And shawls... How about you?

More yarns expected soon... Stay tuned and have a wonderful weekend...

No comments: