Friday, July 16, 2010

Felt and Fabric



Felt - I am almost finished with this stocking for Mini Island Boy.  I just need to add some treasures to the treasure chest (bottom right), stitch his name and put the back on it.  Each new member of the family gets one made especially for them.  It is entirely hand stitched and I love to make them.  My kids have their stockings that are 29 and 31 years old now!  Great gifts for babies, newlyweds or just anyone special.

Mini Island Boy is growing nicely.  He is 8 weeks old now and progressing along.  Island Girl is finally better and off all her meds from the pre-eclampsia.  I hope to go back down there in a month!

Mini Orange Boy is great and is almost 18mos old.  I am going to the Rocket City this weekend to spend a couple of days with them and I cannot wait!!!  It's fun being a grandma (Stephen named me @Gaga@).  I just don't like that they both live so far away.





Fabric - I have finished the Spider Web quilt and love the results.  I will send this off to a longarm quilter next week.  The challenge on this quilt was the actual sewing together of the horizontal rows but I finally finished.  I will take a better photo of this as well.

Lots going on in the Shop.  Nature's Palette just arrived and I know it is a lot of your favorite yarn.  Dyed from Nature - lots and lots of great colors are here now. 

Have a great weekend!  I know I will be getting lots of hugs and kisses from one mini Orange boy!
P.s.  Yes, I am still knitting.  Just don't have a lot of progress to show you on my Sean Shawl from Rowan.

1 comment:

monica said...

OH my goodness, your grandchildren are so darn cute. And I love the stocking. Will you adopt me??? I want one.