Thursday, April 16, 2009

The book is here...


As most of my knitting friends know, I only knit from the toe up. It is the way I learned to knit socks from the Sock Knitting Queen herself, Zina several years ago. I have never witnessed any knitter turn out more pairs of socks than Zina. She is amazing.

Also, most of my knitting friends know that I cannot knit anything without a pattern. So most of my toe up socks have been straight knitting and that has kept me pretty satisfied. When I heard Wendy Johnson was coming out with a Toe up Sock book, I could not have been more excited. And it arrived today!

I am currently blocking the body of my Key Shawl (more on that later) and am getting ready to begin the final section of it. My goal is to have it finished by Stitches South which is rapidly arriving !

Again, if you are coming to Stitches South, drop me a line....

1 comment:

lupinbunny said...

Hi, sorry for posting a question here rather than e-mailing it to the Yarn Grove store, but the 'e-mail' link on the store site doesn't work (it doesn't give an e-mail address). I was wondering whether you'd post to Australia (a skein of Nature's Palette laceweight), and if so how much it would cost. If you could reply to clake at iinet dot net dot au I'd be most grateful. Thanks!