Monday, September 29, 2008

Surprises for me today...

I have had a morning full of surprises! To begin, I had to take hubby's glasses to him at the shop and whilst I was out, passed 4 gas stations ... no gas. Oh boy, now I am getting a little antsy. For those of you who do not know, there is a "gas shortage" in the Atlanta area and yes, people have panicked. The lines at the gas stations *who* have gas, can be upwards of up to 2 hours wait. But hubby tells me that the local wholesale club was pumping gas this morning on his way to work. Surprise 1: I went there on my way home and was in and out in less than 7 minutes! Just like normal! Wow. I felt lucky.
Surprise 2: Stopped by Publix grocery store to pick up a couple of items and they have a "penny coupon" each Sunday and Monday. Sometimes I just don't make it there on either of those days but today I did and the penny was a jar of peanut butter.

Surprise 3: They also have some great BOGO (buy one get one frees) most weeks and my Publix lets you buy just one of those BOGO's for 1/2 off. So they had a 4-pack of bagels for $1.00 and my bag actually had 5 bagels in it! Someone lost count, I guess.

Surprise 4: Speaking of lost count, I give you a photo of my Baby Surprise jacket and I must say, it has been a real fun project but also very challenging. I have joined the BSJ group on Ravelry and have found some great hints and help on there... I am knitting it up in Lorna's Laces Sport weight, the Devon colorway.


Surprise 5: Yet to be announced this week. Baby Bruno will hopefully reveal him/herself on Thursday, Oct. 2nd to let Gammaw know what color buttons to put on the BSJ. I have changed my mind twice. First I said girl, then I dreamed boy, but when I saw Cheryl last weekend, I said without a doubt in my mind, a girl.

Have any of you done the Baby Surprise Jacket? If so, did you have any problems with it?

No comments: